Belt and Road Documentary Development Alliance
The Belt and Road Documentary Development Alliance is a cooperative organization founded under the initiative of the Silk Road Economic Belt and the 21st Century Maritime Silk Road. It is hosted and managed by the Guangzhou International Documentary Festival, China (GZDOC) Organizing Committee. The Alliance gathers TV stations, new media, production companies, distributors, film and television festivals and other international organizations and institutions from countries and regions along the Belt and Road routes to provide mutual assistance in promoting the development of documentary industry.
Upon launching the Belt and Road Documentary Development Alliance in 2019, we extend our sincere invitation to organizations and institutions from the Belt and Road countries and regions to join the alliance, to create a new industry ecosystem for factual content focusing on incubation, co-production and distribution in a comprehensive chain of market-oriented operations.
1. Establish a solid relationship with organizations and institutions concerned with the Belt and Road themed documentaries in order to:
(1) Establish an information sharing platform
(2) Build a “Belt and Road Culture” multinational broadcasting network
(3) Encourage culture exchange
(4) Promote the dissemination and exchange of arts and humanities and other matters.
2. Foster an international co-production system to improve conditions for documentary co-production, to encourage international co-production, and to provide services such as staff hiring.
3. Encourage cooperative event such as screenings, exchange of high-profile films, pitches, delegates and judges
4. Scout outstanding documentary content, cultivate documentary professionals, and promote international copyright trading and cooperation, with the goal of promoting the development of the documentary industry in Belt and Road countries and regions.
The Alliance will place President, Secretary and Consultant (3 positions) on board, each in charge of corresponding duties to maintain daily operations and decision-making for the Alliance. The office of Secretary reports to the Secretary-General.
The Secretary is chaired by the General Office of the Organizing Committee of GZDOC. The head of the General Office of GZDOC Organizing Committee is appointed Secretary-General. The President will be left vacant until elected at the first general conference. During this period, the Secretary-General serves as the acting President.
The members of the Belt and Road Documentary Development Alliance shall be TV stations, new media, production companies, distributors, film and television festivals and other international organizations and institutions in countries and regions along the Belt and Road routes.
2. Annual Fee: 500 US dollars
(1) Founding members: Members who joined the Belt and Road Documentary Development Alliance in 2019 will be exempt from the 2019~2020 annual fee.
(2) Other members: Members who joined the One Belt and One Road Document Development Alliance from 2020 are not eligible for the discount.
3. Membership Benefits
(1) Participation in Guangzhou International Documentary Festival, China:
· Waiver for one guest's attendance fee;
· Reimbursement for one guest's 4-night accommodation ;
· Reimbursement of one guest's round-trip fee (2019 only);
· Publicity with organization logos/names on GZDOC's promotional materials;
· Priority to recommend outstanding films and programs to the organizing committee;
· Priority to register for One-on-One Meetings with Decision-Makers.
*From 2020 onwards, GZDOC will not provide round-trip travel reimbursements for members. Compensation will be
provided to eligible members.
(2) Promotion opportunities at other overseas activities
(3) Shared contact information of Alliance members
(4) Online promotion: organization profiles and logos to be listed on the GZDOC official website
2019 The Alliance Events
1. Member Recruitment
Having reached out to relevant organizations from the Belt and Road countries and regions August through December, 2019, we strive to reach cooperation with at least 10 institutions.
2. Launching Ceremony
Invited delegates of the Alliance and government officers will attend the Launching Ceremony for Belt and Road Documentary Development Alliance at the opening ceremony of GZDOC 2019.
3. Belt and Road Documentary Screening
The call for outstanding Belt and Road documentaries is open to members of the alliance. The documentaries will be included in the GZDOC 2019 Golden Kapok Screening events and be aired on Guangdong Broadcasting and Television Station channels, reaching a wider audience in the area.
4. The Belt and Road Documentary Development Alliance Round Table
During GZDOC 2019, delegates and government representatives are invited to attend the Belt and Road Documentary Development Alliance Round Table. The content-oriented Round Table encourages members of the alliance to share about situations in their regions, cases or related work-in-progress projects. Government officials will introduce related policies.
5. Establish Belt and Road Documentary Copyright Trading Center
The GZDOC 2019 Doc Shop will set up a section dedicated to Belt and Road copyright trading. In addition, the Alliance will also actively promote excellent Belt and Road documentaries on China's new media platform.
GZDOC 2019 invites representatives of the Belt and Road Documentary Development Alliance to gather in Guangzhou for training. All professional activities of GZDOC (except for exclusive meetings/trainings/receptions held by other organizations/institutions) will be open to members of the Alliance, including Global Factual Content Summit, Industrial Forums, Pitching Session, Masterclasses, "China Story" International Pitching Session, International Distributors' Forum and Distributors Network events. Alliance members will learn the latest information and techniques about the international documentary industry in such professional events.
1. Visit http://www.gzdoc.cn/. Download application form under the "B&R Doc Alliance" section.
2. Fill out the application form and email it to us.
Contact: Tel: +8620-38780150-807