Rules on Screening
GZDOC2018 Doc Shop Rules& Regulations
The Rules specified hereunder apply toall films applying for Doc shop of Guangzhou International Documentary FilmFestival (“GZDOC”). Doc shop provides a platform for domestic and foreigndocumentary films and supports documentary industry and cooperation.
Article 1. Application Conditions
1. Onlyfinished documentary films are acceptable. Those in the investigation, shootingor postproduction phases will be refused.
2. Entriesare free from theme restrictions.
3. Therewill be no ceiling for the number of entries.
4. No limitin production time.
5. Documentaryfilms can apply for competition, screening and DOC Shop at the same time.
6. Entryapplication is free from registration fee.
7. No entryshall be found with pornography, violence and/or racial discriminationelements; nor shall they conflict with the laws and regulations of the People’sRepublic of China.
Article 2. Running Time and Subtitles
1. Running time:
Short: no longer than 30 minutes (including Opening Credits);
Feature: longer than 30 minutes (including Opening Credits);
Series: in three episodes (sets) or more that are inter-related.
For films that ONLY contain MANDARIN dialogues, subtitle is not required (provision of subtitle in English issubject to further notice);
For films that contain dialogues inminority languages or dialects, the completeChinese subtitle shall be embedded (provision of subtitle in English is subjectto further notice)；
For films that contain NON-MANDARIN dialogues (including English), the complete English subtitle shall be embedded.
Article 3. Application Process
Allapplicants shall go through the following steps:
1. Fullycomplete the online Entry Form and select competition, screening or Doc shop.
2.Uploading the following materials:
(1) Filmstills: in JPG format (pixel no less than 300 dpi; no less than 1Mb);
(2) Subtitle script or subtitle file (Forfilms that conatain non-Mandarin dialogues).
Requirementsfor subtitle script：wordor txt format.
Requirementsfor subtitle file：SRTor ASS format.
3. Sendingthe following materials through mail:
(1) Film in MP4 / MOV format, in DVD or USB; HD (720p or 1080p) version is preferred;
(2) Trailer (less than 3 minutes) in MP4 / MOV format, in DVD or USB; HD (720p or 1080p)version is preferred;
Tips：if you want to send trailerand film online, please send download link and password email@example.com, along with film title, information of applicant or applicationinstitution, and contacts（please ensure that theinformation you send to us is the same as your registration information）. Films may not be downloadedtimely or successfully by the GZDOC Organizing Committee (the “OC”). Applicationis successful upon receiving a notification e-mail from the OC.
4. Theapplication is successful upon receiving a notification e-mail from the OC,otherwise, the application process is not finished due to incomplete submissionmaterials, film arrival failure or download failure.
5. Waitingfor further notice from the OC.
6. TheOC may contact the applicant for additional materials as necessary.
7.Please be noted that application with insufficient materials is null.
8.Online application system will be open for a long time, but the OC will have tochoose qualified films.
Article 4. Material Delivery
1. Allapplication materials required (film, trailer) shall be sent to the addressshown below before deadline:
Room 3303, No.76, West Huangpu Avenue, TianheDistrict, Guangzhou, Guangdong Province, China
Zip Code: 510627
2. If bymeans of international delivery, please ensure that the parcel is marked “ForCultural Purpose Only” and “No Commercial Value”.
3. Theapplicant must ensure that all deliveries are prepaid and customs leviessettled, otherwise the OC has the right to rejection. Personal delivery isacceptable (please contact the General Office in prior for business hours).
Allapplication materials will be kept by the OC for archiving. Please ensure thatyou have backups.
5.Please be noted that the OCwill not bear the costs for mail or insurance of the application materials, norwill it assume any liability for the loss, damage of the materials during theprocess of delivery or the loss, error or damage of the materials attributableto force majeure.
Article 5. Utilization of ExcerptsFrom Entries and Copyright Exchange
1. For promotional purposes, the committee is entitled touse the stills, trailers, posters and other related materials in festivalpromotional videos, cinemas, TV channels, websites, mobile TV, public placesetc.
2. The committee is entitled to screen consecutive excerptsof no more than 3 minutes from any entries in cinemas, TV channels, websites,mobile TV, public places etc.
3. The committee is entitled to duplicate the entriesexclusive for archiving other than commercial purpose.
4. Information about the films selected for Doc Shop will bepublished on the GZDOC 2018 DocuMart handbook. All participated films in Docshop are deemed agree on this rule.
5. The selected films will be uploaded and screened to Docshop, which includes but limit to film selection and screening, during 2018 and2019. All participated films in Doc shop are deemed agree on this rule.
6. The Organization Committee of GZDOC is entitled to thethree years of dealership of the films selected into the Doc Shop list. Guangzhou Global International Documentary Festival Culture Investment Co.,Ltd is designated as the copyright agent and the dealership should becontracted with the copyright holders. If succeeded through Doc Shop or byassistance of Guangzhou Global International Documentary Festival CultureInvestment Co., Ltd., copyright holders shall pay 10％-15％ ofthe total exchange amount to Guangzhou Global International DocumentaryFestival Culture Investment Co., Ltd.
Article 6. Statements
(1)Applicant (or applying institution) shall possess the copyright or distributionright of the film submitted, and shall ensure that there is no dispute overcopyright of the film, and shall ensure that he/she has obtained the copyrightsof or the authorization of the copyright owner(s) to use the music, video imageand texts contained/used in the film. Any dispute arose out of or related tothe copyright of the film shall be borne by the applicant (or applyinginstitution).
2. Statement ofInterests
(1) All applicants shall strictly abide by theRules on Finished Documentary Film of 2018 Guangzhou International DocumentaryFilm Festival.
(2) GZDOC shall assume no responsibility for anyconsequences arose out of or related to any error in submission of materialsand/or completion of forms.
(3) Ifthe Rules are modified, we will post an announcement on our website. Theapplicant can withdraw from the event if he/she thinks the modified clauses areunacceptable by notifying the OC within 10 working days after the announcementis posted. Otherwise, we will deem that the applicant accepts the modifiedclauses.
(4) Anyapplication for the Golden Kapok Awards, Golden Kapok Gallery and DOC Shop tobe held by GZDOC shall be construed as agreement to the above provisions andrules. Any dispute hereof shall be subject to the independent jurisdiction ofthe judicial authorities of the People’s Republic of China.
(5) TheOC reserves all rights to final explanation of the Rules.
(6) TheOC reserves all rights to final explanation of all activities.
GeneralOffice of the Organizing Committee of Guangzhou International Documentary FilmFestival
Doc Shop Contact Person: