Please UPGRADE Your Pass
GZDOC DOCSHOP is a year-round factual content marketplace for producers, distributors, content buyers and commissioners. The DOCSHOP library includes the GZDOC official selections, as well as the festival’s curated playlists of documentary titles from the past decade.
GZDOC DOCSHOP is dedicated to discovering and promoting premium China and International documentaries.
The DOCSHOP consists of three parts:
(i) On-demand screening system
The DOCSHOP will set aside a screening area at the GZDOC venue. Participants will watch the films submitted to DOCSHOP through the on-demand screening system. Screening reports will then be generated, recording the viewers’ purchasing interests. GZDOC staff will process these requests after the festival.
If necessary, the DOCSHOP will also set up an online on-demand screening system on official website(www.gzdoc.cn). The online on-demand system will be only available for registered guest, and only release film trailers.
(ii) Daily operation
The GZDOC DOCSHOP will keep recommending films to various platforms in a bid to facilitate trades throughout the year.
(iii) Industry Screenings
Industry Screenings are film screenings at the GZDOC venue for registered delegates and industry professionals. On the spot publicity could be arranged, in a bid to promote the films.II. DOCSHOP Operation
To be determined(The deadline will be announced according to the firm date of the 20th GZDOC)
GZDOC DOCSHOP is open to the following 3 types of films.
Documentary Feature: motion pictures with a running time of more than 40 minutes (including Opening Credits);
Documentary Short: motion pictures with a running time of 40 minutes or less (including Opening Credits);
Documentary Series: three or more episodes, the running time of a single episode is not limited, and content is inter-related;
(i) Submission Deadline
To be determined(The deadline will be announced according to the firm date of the 20th GZDOC)
(ii) Application process and required materials
1. Please log in to the official website www.gzdoc.cn, click "Submission·Registration - DOCSHOP" to complete the online Entry Form.
2. Please upload the following submission materials:
(1) One poster in JPG format, pixel no less than 150 dpi;
(2) 1-3 Film stills in JPG format, pixel no less than 150 dpi;
(3) One director’s photo in JPG format, pixel no less than 150 dpi;
(4) For non-Chinese dialogue films, a non-embedded full-length English subtitle file (SRT or ASS format) or English subtitle script (word file or txt file) is required. ; films with Chinese dialogue or Chinese subtitle don't need to submit subtitle file.
3. Please submit the following video materials:
(1) The preview version:
① Film in MP4 format, 1080P and above, data rate 2000kbps to 5000kbps;
②For Chinese dialogue films, complete Chinese and English subtitles are required. For NON-MANDARINE dialogues (including English) films,full-length English subtitles are required.
③ To add a watermark, please mark “GZDOC Preview” in the upper right corner.（transparency of mark is not higher than 50%）Any other watermarks should not be applied, in a bid to ensure the viewing effects.
①Motion Pictures with a running time of less than 3 minutes, in MP4 format, 1080P and above, data rate 2000kbps to 5000kbps
② For Chinese dialogue films, complete Chinese and English subtitles are required. For NON-MANDARINE dialogues (including English) films, English subtitles are required.
(3) Please submit your video material in one of the following ways:
Please mail the copies of preview film and trailer in DVD/USB /Mobile Hard Disk along with the film title and contact information to:
Address: Doc Park,No.166, Haizhu District, Guangzhou, Guangdong Province, China.
Contacts: Mr.Ding Zhizhao
Zip code: 510627
② Internet transmission
Upload the film’s preview version and trailer into Cloud Storage (such as Vimeo or Google Drive) and fill in the download link and password into the registration page on official website (www.gzdoc.cn/EvaluationCharter/index.aspx) in the "Screener-Online Screener" column.Please mark the film title and contact information.
(iii) Registration fee
(iv) Notices for material delivery
If you choose to post your materials, in order to ensure the materials delivered on time, please use the traceable and signature required express delivery service. Please do not use the surface mail. If the materials are sent from overseas, please use the international express (such as DHL or FEDEX), indicated "no commercial value" and "for cultural use only" on the package, and fill in the customs declaration value less than 10 US dollars. No application materials will be returned. Do not send film prints, master tapes or other originals. The OC will not pay for the delivery fee caused by the application, and has the right to refuse the delivery unpaid.
(v) The use of information and application materials
1. Please fill in entry form correctly and completely. The information in the form will be used and published in the pre-selection, evaluation and final announcement. If there is any information wrong or missing, the responsibility will be borne by the applicant.
2. The signup account used in the official website (www.gzdoc.cn) will be used as the contact of applicant by default. The follow-up notification related to pre-selection and evaluation will be delivered to this contact first. Please keep the call and the mailbox accessible.
3. The registration information and the application material will be presented on the official website, as well as online and offline media for publicity. The OC has the right to edit and publicly use the materials, including film entry information, posters, stills, trailers and clips of no more than 5 minutes, on GZDOC’s official channels.
(vi) Update/Supplement of registration information and materials
1. If applicant wants to update information or material after submission, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org and explain the update in detail. After reviewed and approved by the OC, the update will be completed.
2. If there are follow-up materials (such as posters, stills, promotional materials, awards, etc.), please send the materials to email@example.com and explain the updated materials. The Committee will decide whether to adopt and use the updated version according to the specific situation.
3. If the preview version is the version in post production, for replacement, the applicant can send the updated version to firstname.lastname@example.org before August 31, 2021. Overdue will not be replaced.
(vii) Copyright Statement
Applicant (and applying company) shall own the copyrights or distribution rights of the film submitted by him/her; shall ensure that there is no dispute over copyright of the film; guarantee it has acquired the copyrights/authorizations from the copyright owners for the music, video, image and text contained and used in the films; ensure the original contents in the film do not violate the copyrights or legal rights of any other third parties. Any disputes, damages or compensations arising out of or in relation to the copyright infringement of the film shall be borne by its applicant (and applying company). GZDOC reserves the right to disqualify any film with unauthorized copyrighted materials.
1. The OC has the right to select the films submitted into the DOCSHOP online/offline on-demand screening system.
2. OC has the right to display the information of selected films, including written materials, posters, samples, trailers etc., to the related cooperation platforms in a bid to facilitate businesses.
3. After the film is selected into the DOCSHOP, the application information and materials will be presented on the official website, as well as online and offline media for publicity. The OC has the right to edit and use the film information and materials submitted, including the film application information, posters, stills, trailers or snippet less than 5 minutes, on GZDOC’s official channels.
The OC will select the films registered for Industry Screenings and notify the qualified applicants by email in mid-November.
2. Industry Screening Fee
The screening fee is varied according to different length of the films:
(1) 1500 yuan / session for films under 60 minutes
(2) 2000 yuan / session for 60 -90 minutes long films
(3) 2500 yuan / session for 90 -120 minute long films
(4) 3000 yuan / session for films over 120 minute
3. Screening confirmation
The applicant shall confirm the participation within two working days after receiving the screening notification (e-mail) issued by the OC and complete the payment for the screening fee within seven work days. Once the applicant would confirm the participation into industry screening and pay the fee, he/she could not withdraw for any reasons and the fee are not refundable.
4. Industry screening schedule
The industry screening will be located at the GZDOC Venue, and the specific schedule and venue will be decided by the OC.
The industry screenings will only be open to registered participants of the GZDOC.
1. Any changes against the regulations will be posted on the "Industry · Market - DOCSHOP" page of the official website (www.gzdoc.cn). The applicant can withdraw from the event if he/she thinks the modified clauses are unacceptable by notifying the OC within 10 working days after the announcement is posted. Otherwise, it will be deemed that the applicant accepts all the modified clauses.
2. If there were any situations that are not specified above, the OC reserves all rights for the final explanation of the regulations.
3. The applicant signing up for DOCSHOP of 2021 Guangzhou International Documentary Film Festival should accept all the above terms and conditions. If there is any dispute, it shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of PRC.
General Office of the Organizing Committee of
Guangzhou International Documentary Film Festival